Thursday, October 3, 2013

ART, MUSIC AND LITERATURE (Basic) (EXERCISE B3E5)



















1.      Write A, M or L beside the following nouns to indicate if they are  associated with art, music or literature.

(A)
___ composer
(L)
___ palette
(V)
___ bugle
(B)
___ poem
(M)
___ oil painting
(W)
___ brush
(C)
___ author
(N)
___ sketch
(X)
___  drawing
(D)
___ band
(O)
___ tune
(Y)
___  pop group
(E)
___ instrument
(P)
___ chapter
(Z)
___  short story
(F)
___ painter
(Q)
___ orchestra


(H)
___ portrait
(R)
___ banjo


(I)
___ fiction
(S)
___ play


(J)
___ novel
(T)
___ pianist


(K)
___ detective story
(U)
___ note



2.    Complete each of the following sentences with a verb from the box below and a noun from the list above.

read             wrote            compose            play            draw             paint             conduct       hum               tuning                play in

 (A) Agatha Christie ___________________ many famous __________________________.
 (B) I couldn’t put the book down until I _______________ the last _________________.
 (C) I don’t know the words of the song but I can _____________ the ________________.
 (D) The only ___________________I can _______________________ is the piano.
 (E) Picasso often __________________ unusual _________________ of his girlfriends.
 (F) Listen! The show is starting. Can you hear the _______________________? They are
        _______________________ their instruments.
 (G) My brother is a soldier. He _____________________ the bugle in the army.
 (H) Before I painted the picture I ________________ a quick ________________ in pencil.


ANSWERS
ART, MUSIC AND LITERATURE.

1.    Write A, M or L beside the following nouns to indicate if they are  associated with art, music or literature.

(A)
M  composer
(L)
A   palette
(V)
M   bugle
(B)
L    poem
(M)
A   oil painting
(W)
   brush
(C)
L   author
(N)
 sketch
(X)
A   drawing
(D)
M  band
(O)
M  tune
(Y)
M   pop group
(E)
M  instrument
(P)
L   chapter
(Z)
L     short story
(F)
 painter
(Q)
M  orchestra


(H)
P   portrait
(R)
M   banjo


(I)
L   fiction
(S)
L     play


(J)
 novel
(T)
pianist


(K)
 detective story
(U)
M  note




2. Complete each of the following sentences with a verb from the box below and a noun from      the list above.


read     wrote      compose       play    draw       paint       conduct       hum       tuning       play in


(A)     Agatha Christie wrote many famous novels.
(B)     I could not put the book down until I had read the last chapter.
(C)  I don’t know the words of the song but I can hum the tune.
(D)   The only instrument I can play is the piano.
(E) Picasso often drew unusual sketches of his girlfriends.
(F)  Listen! The show is starting. Can you hear the orchestra? They are tuning their instruments.
(G)  My brother is a soldier. He plays the bugle in the army.
(H)    Before I painted the picture I drew a quick sketch in pencil.

No comments:

Post a Comment