Thursday, March 6, 2014

PREPOSITION KNOWLDEGE PRACTICE (Intermediate) (EXERCISE I9E92)

















Test your knowledge of adjective + preposition combinations.



1. Put about / at / by / for / from into the spaces.

    (A) They are excited___________ their trip to Rome next June.
    (B) Are you good ________________________ golf?
(C) I feel sorry __________________________ Jack. He is so lonely these days.
(D) That house is different _______________________ the one I was looking for.
(E) Cezanne is famous ______________________his landscapes.
(F) I must admit I was shocked _______________________her behavior at the party.
(G) She's rather worried _______________________ her son's studies.
(H) I'm just hopeless _________________________ playing the guitar.
(I) She's furious _____________________ her son's grades in school.
(J) They were surprised ________________________ their good fortune.
(K) I'm upset ______________________ my health.
(L) She was annoyed with Tom ______________________ ignoring their agreement.


Test your knowledge of nouns followed by a preposition.


2. Put for / in / of / to / with / between into the spaces.

(A) He gave her a check _____________ a lot of money.
(B) The reason ______________ this meeting is to discuss the merger.
(C) The decrease _______________ profits is due to the bad market.
(D) There is a real demand _______________ new products.
(E) Do you have a good relationship _______________ most of your relatives?
(F) We have seen a fall ______________ prices recently.
(G) The cause ______________ his problems is his family.
(H) Did you do any damage ______________ the house?

 (J) The difference _____________ the two is very slight. 




ANSWERS: 

1. Put “about / at / by / for / from” into the spaces.

     (A) They are excited about their trip to Rome next June.
     (B) Are you good at golf?
(C) I feel sorry for Jack. He is so lonely these days.
(D) That house is different from the one I was looking for.
(E) Cezanne is famous for his landscapes.
(F) I must admit I was shocked by her behavior at the party.
(G) She's rather worried about her son's studies.
(H) I'm just hopeless at playing the guitar.
(I) She's furious about her son's grades in school.
(J) They were surprised at their good fortune.
(K) I'm upset about my health.
(L) She was annoyed with Tom for ignoring their agreement.

2. Put “for / in / of / to / with / between” into the spaces.

(A) He gave her a check for a lot of money.
(B) The reason for this meeting is to discuss the merger.
(C) The decrease in profits is due to the bad market.
(D) There is a real demand for new products.
(E) Do you have a good relationship with most of your relatives?
(F) We have seen a fall in prices recently.
(G) The cause of his problems is his family.
(H) Did you do any damage to the house?
(J) The difference between the two is very slight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment