Friday, July 17, 2015

THAN VS THEN (Intermediate) (EXERCISE I61E197)



























THAN rhymes with: CAN, BAN, DAN, FAN, MAN, PAN, RAN, TAN, VAN

THAN is used for comparisons.
                                          Example:  He has lived longer than I have.
                                                           His skills are very different than those needed.


THEN rhymes with: HEN, BEN, DEN, MEN, PEN, TEN, YEN

THEN is used as a time expression.
                                                  Example:  I will see you then.
                                                                   I will be at the party. We will speak then.

EXERCISE: Put than or then into the gaps in the sentences below:

1.       Let’s go to the store and ________ come home.
2.       New York is larger _______ London.
3.       First do your homework, _______ play!
4.       Do you think this is more difficult ______ last year?
5.       He bought the toy and ________ broke it within two days.
6.       I think you’ll enjoy this movie more _______ that one.
7.       They believe there are more opportunities here _________ in San Francisco.
8.       I always say: “First one thing ________ another.”
9.       I’ll get some lunch and _______ we can talk.
10.   Go to school and _______ come home!
11.   Curitiba is smaller ________ Rio.
12.   I am taller _______ you.
13.   Walk until the corner _______ turn right.
14.   I am older _________ you.
15.   Read this article _________ answer the questions. 



ANSWERS

THAN VS THEN

EXERCISE: Put than or then into the gaps in the sentences below:

1.       Let’s go to the store and then come home.
2.       New York is larger than London.
3.       First do your homework, then play!
4.       Do you think this is more difficult than last year?
5.       He bought the toy and then broke it within two days.
6.       I think you’ll enjoy this movie more than that one.
7.       They believe there are more opportunities here than in San Francisco.
8.       I always say: “First one thing then another.”
9.       I’ll get some lunch and then we can talk.
10.   Go to school and then come home!
11.   Curitiba is smaller than Rio.
12.   I am taller than you.
13.   Walk until the corner then turn right.
14.   I am older than you.
15.   Read this article then answer the questions.




No comments:

Post a Comment