Tuesday, October 20, 2015

THE BODY - IDIOM QUIZ (Advanced) (EXERCISE A57E218)













Choose an idiom at the bottom to replace the expression in the underlined below:

(1)      There is a lot of anger between my cousin and myself.
(a)    butterflies in my stomach (b) bad blood    (c) flesh and blood   (d) skin and bones

(2)      The woman refused to help her son when he lost his job and needed some money.
(a)    turned her back on (b) moved a muscle (c) got off the back of
(d)  jumped down my throat

(3)      When I saw a dead horse it made me sick.
(a)   stuck my neck out (b) scratched my back (c) turned my stomach
(d)   moved a muscle
    
(4)      I cried out as loud as possible to stop the child from running onto the street.
(a)  off my back     (b) skin deep     (c) straight from the shoulder
(d)  at the top of my lungs

(5)      It was wet and cold so when we returned home I was wet throughout my body.
(a)     on my shoulder   (b) neck and neck    (c) to the bone       (d) behind my back

(6)      She is trying her hardest to finish painting her house before it rains.
(a)    cutting her own throat  (b) breathing down my neck      (c) getting under my skin
(d)   breaking her neck

(7)       My supervisor suddenly became angry at me when I was late for the meeting.
(a) jumped down my throat   (b) jumped out of her skin   (c) saved her breath                                         (d) turned my stomach

(8)      Although many people are affected by the problem in the company the president is only trying to protect himself.
(a)      save his breath   (b) save his own skin  (c) stick his neck out   (d) scratch his back

(9)       The girl never eats and is very skinny.
(a)    skin deep    (b) to the bone   (c) skin and bones   (d) yellow –bellied

(10)        His friend never wants to do anything extra or risky to help others.
(a) stick his neck out       (b) shove something down his throat    (c) jump out of his skin                       (d) cut his own throat
                                                                                       

ANSWERS

IDIOM QUIZZES – BODY

Choose an idiom at the bottom to replace the expression in the underlined below:

(1) There is a lot of anger between my cousin and myself.
            (a) butterflies in my stomach (b)bad  blood    (c) flesh and blood
            (d) skin and  bones

(2) The woman refused to help her son when he lost his job and needed some money.
(a) turned her back on (b) moved a muscle (c) got off the back of
(d)  jumped down my throat

(3) When I saw a dead horse it made me sick.
              (a) stuck my neck out (b) scratched my back (c) turned my stomach
              (d)   moved a muscle
    
(4) I cried out as loud as possible to stop the child from running onto the street.
              (a) off my back     (b) skin deep     (c) straight from the shoulder
              (d)  at the top of my lungs

(5)  It was wet and cold so when we returned home I was wet throughout my body.
               (a) on my shoulder   (b) neck and neck    (c) to the bone      (d) behind my back

(6)  She is trying her hardest to finish painting her house before it rains.
               (a)  cutting her own throat  (b) breathing down my neck                                       
               (c) getting under my skin      (d) breaking her neck

(7) My supervisor suddenly became angry at me when I was late for the meeting.
                 (a) jumped down my throat   (b) jumped out of her skin                                     
                 (c) saved her breath                 (d)turned my stomach

(8)  Although many people are affected by the problem in the company the president      
       is only trying to protect himself.
(a)      save his breath   (b) save his own skin  (c) stick his neck out  (d)    scratch his back

(9) The girl never eats and is very skinny.
                   (a) skin deep    (b) to the bone   (c) skin and bones   (d) yellow –bellied

(10)  His friend never wants to do anything extra or risky to help others.
                    (a)    stick his neck out          (b) shove something down his throat 
                    (c) jump out of his skin       (d) cut his own throat

                                                                                        
TO PRINT

No comments:

Post a Comment