Sunday, August 28, 2016

FINANCIAL VOCABULARY (INTERMEDIATE) (EXERCISE I88E260)




manager     accountant        

heir        agent         teller

 miser                   retired  

customer               swindler 
   
 investors

1.      Fill in the gaps using one of the words from the box above:


(A)   Peter never spends any money. He is a _______________.
(B)   My friend inherited a lot of money. He was the _____________ to a lot of money.
(C)   Jack is the boss at a bank. He is a bank _________________.
(D)   My father is over 65. He is _______________.
(E)    Someone who keeps the books for a company is an ________________.
(F)    I love shopping. Most shops consider me a great _________________.
(G)  If I need money from the bank, I go to a ________________ to make a withdrawal.
(H)   A real estate _________________ sells property.
(I)     People who like to buy and sell stocks are called _______________.
(J)     I bought a fake painting from a _________________ who told me it was an original.

2.      Complete each sentence with a suitable word from the box:


fortune         pension          coin         debit card       warranty         loan 
tip                 receipt             rent         safe


(A)   John never carries cash with him. He pays everything by _________________.
(B)   The couple only has a small _______________ to live on.
(C)   Simon did not like the waiter so he did not leave a _____________.
(D)   They wouldn’t have been able to buy their new car without a bank _____________.
(E)    The shop won’t change any merchandise without the original ______________.
(F)    A cent is such a small _______________ that everyone dislikes them.
(G)  The apartment is not in very good condition so the _________________ is low.
(H)   The washing machine has a twelve month ________________.
(I)     He keeps all his money and valuables in a ________________ behind a painting.
(J)     My friend has made a considerable _______________ selling plots of building land.


ANSWERS
FINANCIAL VOCABULARY

1.      Fill in the gaps using one of the words from the box above:


(A)   Peter never spends any money. He is a miser.
(B)   My friend inherited a lot of money. He was the heir to a lot of money.
(C)   Jack is the boss at a bank. He is a bank manager.
(D)   My father is over 65. He is retired.
(E)    Someone who keeps the books for a company is an accountant.
(F)    I love shopping. Most shops consider me a great customer.
(G)  If I need money from the bank, I go to a teller to make a withdrawal.
(H)   A real estate agent sells property.
(I)     People who like to buy and sell stocks are called investors.
(J)     I bought a fake painting from a swindler who told me it was an original.

2.      Complete each sentence with a suitable word from the box:



fortune         pension          coin         debit card       warranty         loan 
tip                 receipt             rent         safe


(A)   John never carries cash with him. He pays everything by debit card.
(B)   The couple only has a small pension to live on.
(C)   Simon did not like the waiter so he did not leave a tip.
(D)   They wouldn’t have been able to buy their new car without a bank loan.
(E)    The shop won’t change any merchandise without the original receipt.
(F)    A cent is such a small coin that everyone dislikes them.
(G)  The apartment is not in very good condition so the rent is low.
(H)   The washing machine has a twelve month warranty.
(I)     He keeps all his money and valuables in a safe behind a painting.
(J)     My friend has made a considerable fortune selling plots of building land.

No comments:

Post a Comment