Friday, September 12, 2014

ADJECTIVES (TWO) (Intermediate) (EXERCISE I43E147)






The simplest definition of an adjective is that it is a word that describes or clarifies a noun. Adjectives describe nouns by giving some information about an object’s size, shape, age, color, origin or material.

1.     Find twenty-two adjectives in the puzzle. They go in two directions (sideways) and (down). Some letters may be used more than once.


boring              safe                remarkable           loud               awkward            delightful   fast                   live                 slow                        dull                sudden               entire    dense               unusual         easy                        good             funny                   fun         ward                 delight           exciting                  bad


B
O
R
I
N
G
S
A
F
E
R
E
M
A
R
K
A
B
L
E
E
X
B
A
D
D
E
N
S
E
A
C
U
F
L
S
G
D
U
N
S
I
N
A
I
L
O
U
D
T
Y
T
U
S
V
O
O
L
D
I
A
I
S
T
E
W
D
L
E
R
N
N
U
F
U
N
N
Y
N
E
T
G
A
W
K
W
A
R
D
Z
D
E
L
I
G
H
T
F
U
L

2.  Complete the sentences with adverbs formed from adjectives in then puzzle.

(1)   He shouted so _____________________ that everyone heard him.
(2)   The main character acted so ______________________ that people walked out.
(3)   She was driving too ____________________ when the police officer stopped her.
(4)   “It was _________________________ his fault; I was not even there at the time.”
(5)   She is extremely smart and passed the test ______________________________.
(6)   We were relieved when they finally got back _____________________________.
(7)   They ________________________ appeared around the corner.
(8)   I understand English very __________________________ now.

ANSWERS                                                                                       


1.  Find twenty-two adjectives in the puzzle. They go in two directions (sideways) and (down). Some letters may be used more than once.


boring              safe                remarkable           loud               awkward            delightful   fast                   live                 slow                        dull                sudden               entire    dense                unusual         easy                        good             funny                   fun         ward                 delight           exciting                  bad


B
O
R
I
N
G
S
A
F
E
R
E
M
A
R
K
A
B
L
E
E
X
B
A
D
D
E
N
S
E
A
C
U
F
L
S
G
D
U
N
S
I
N
A
I
L
O
U
D
T
Y
T
U
S
V
O
O
L
D
I
A
I
S
T
E
W
D
L
E
R
N
N
U
F
U
N
N
Y
N
E
T
G
A
W
K
W
A
R
D
Z
D
E
L
I
G
H
T
F
U
L

2.  Complete the sentences with adverbs formed from adjectives in then puzzle.

(1)   He shouted so loudly that everyone heard him.
(2)   The main character acted so badly that people walked out.
(3)   She was driving too slowly when the police officer stopped her.
(4)   “It was entirely his fault; I was not even there at the time.”
(5)   She is extremely smart and passed the test easily.
(6)   We were relieved when they finally got back safely.
(7)   They suddenly appeared around the corner.
(8)   I understand English very well now.


TO PRINT



No comments:

Post a Comment