Sunday, October 4, 2015

SPECIFIC TOPICS: WRITING (3) COMMON PHRASES FOR BUSINESS LETTERS

COMMON PHRASES FOR BUSINESS LETTERS

1.       Request for Information:

I am writing to inquire about ..........
I am writing in reference to ………
I read/heard ….and would like to know……
Could you please send me ………. at the address below/above….
Thank you for your assistance.
I look forward to hearing from you.

2.       Response to Request:

Thank you for your interest/inquiry.
Enclosed is the information you requested.
You can learn more about this at …….
If you have further questions....
If you require assistance, please contact:
If I can be of more help, please feel free to contact me at……

3.       Sample Sentences: Requests

Could you please send me your recent brochure?
I would like to order ten copies of the book: “Touchy Situations.”
I would be very grateful if you could send me this information.
Please return the enclosed envelope with your payment.

4.       Sample Sentences: Goodwill

Thank you for your hospitality.
I enjoyed having lunch with you last week while I was in New York.
Congratulations on your promotion to General Manager.
I want(ed) to congratulate you on your new position.
I was happy to hear that the contract negotiations went well.

5.       Sample Sentences: Introduction of Product /Service

I am writing to tell you about……(our new product which is coming out next week).
This product/service is designed to help you….

6.       Sample Sentences: Reference

I am writing in regard to …..
I am writing in reference to…..
Please refer to the enclosed invoice/ brochure.
I hope you have had a chance to look over the material we sent…

7.       Sample Sentences: Confirmation

I am writing to confirm……
I would like to confirm what we discussed last Friday.
I would like to confirm the main points we discussed….

8.       Sample Sentences: Notification
I am writing to let you know that …….
Please be aware/informed that……
I would like to inform you of a recent policy change.
I am happy to inform you that ……
Your request for funding has been approved.

9.       Sample Sentences: Offering Assistance
We would be happy to …..
If we can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.

10.   Sample Sentences: Collection
According to our records….
Our records show that…..
Your monthly installments past due date.
Please send payment as soon as possible.

                                                                                                     






No comments:

Post a Comment