Tuesday, October 6, 2015

SOME / ANY (Basic) (EXERCISE B61E213)


SOME / ANY


Grammar Rules:

Positive:       Somebody phoned you last night.
                       I would like something to eat.
                       They have a house somewhere in the west of ParanĂ¡.

Negative:     I didn’t go anywhere last night.
                       I didn’t have anything for lunch.
                       He doesn’t know anybody in Rio.

Questions:    Did you go anywhere over the weekend?
                        Did you meet anybody at the party?
                        Is there anything to eat in the house?

1.       Put one of the above words underlined into the following gaps.

(A)   Is there___________________ on TV tonight?
(B)   I’m bored. I want to go ________________nice to night.
(C)   Does ___________________ have change for $5?
(D)   Close your eyes! I have ______________ for you.
(E)    I looked for my newspaper, but I couldn’t find it _______________.
(F)    ________________ took my newspaper this morning. Who was it?
(G)  Jane works ______________ in the center of town.
(H)   Paul:   Tom’s on the phone for you.
Anne:  I don’t know _______________ called Tom.
(I)      I don’t understand ______________ about computers.
(J)     Jim:  Where did you put my coat?
Bob: ________________ in the kitchen.
(K)   There’s __________________ at the door. Can you open it please?
(L)   Did you do __________________ interesting during the weekend?
(M)  Did _________________ come to your retirement party?
(N)  Kate went _______________ on vacation but I can not remember where.


ANSWERS: SOME / ANY

1.       Put one of the above words underlined into the following gaps.

(A)   Is there anything on TV tonight?
(B)   I’m bored. I want to go somewhere nice to night.
(C)   Does anybody have change for $5?
(D)   Close your eyes! I have something for you.
(E)    I looked for my newspaper, but I couldn’t find it anywhere.
(F)    Somebody took my newspaper this morning. Who was it?
(G)  Jane works somewhere in the center of town.
(H)   Paul:   Tom’s on the phone for you.
Anne:  I don’t know anybody called Tom.
(I)      I don’t understand anything about computers.
(J)     Jim:  Where did you put my coat?
Bob: Somewhere in the kitchen.
(K)    There’s somebody at the door. Can you open it please?
(L)   Did you do  anything  interesting during the weekend?
(M)  Did anybody come to your retirement party?
(N)  Kate went somewhere on vacation, but I can not remember where.



No comments:

Post a Comment