Wednesday, May 18, 2016

BERNARD’S DAY (Basic) (EXERCISE B79E254)


Match the written times in the box with their numeral equivalents and then place them in the paragraph below. The first one has been done for you:



nine o’clock at night             6 a.m.               6:45 a.m.             7:20 a.m.  

one o’clock in the afternoon     six o’clock in the morning     10 a.m.    12:20 p.m.   2:30 p.m.

1 p.m.        ten o’clock in the morning      6 p.m.        a quarter to seven in the evening         

a quarter to seven in the morning          six o’clock in the evening      6:45 p.m.

half past two in the afternoon               6:30 p.m.           twenty past seven in the morning

 half past six in the evening                                ten past seven in the morning


twenty past twelve in the afternoon       7:10 a.m.         9 p.m.


Hello! My name is Bernard. This morning I woke up at six o’clock in the morning (6 a.m.). I had a shower, put on my school uniform and then had breakfast.
At ________________________________________________________ I went down stairs and waited for my school bus. It soon came and picked me up. We arrived at school at ____________________________________________________________, and classes began at ___________________________________________________________.
At _____________________________________________________ we had a twenty minute break. School finished at _____________________________________________________ and I caught my school bus home a short time later.
After lunch I slept a little, and then studied for an hour.
At _______________________________________________ my private English teacher visited my home to give me an hour long English class. I love English and I like my private English teacher a lot!
 After my English teacher left I had something to eat, studied some more and then went with my mother to pick up my little sister from school, (she studies in the afternoon). Soon after we returned home at ­­­­­­­­­­­­­______________________________________________ my father came home from work. The family had tea together and then we watched T.V. 

At ___________________________________________________ I went to bed. 
                                                                                 
ANSWERS: 
BERNARD’S DAY

Match the written times in the box with their numeral equivalents and then place them in the paragraph below. The first one has been done for you:



nine o’clock at night             6 a.m.               6:45 a.m.             7:20 a.m.  

one o’clock in the afternoon   six o’clock in the morning    10 a.m.    12:20 p.m.   2:30 p.m.

1 p.m.       ten o’clock in the morning      6 p.m.        a quarter to seven in the evening        

a quarter to seven in the morning          six o’clock in the evening      6:45 p.m.

half past two in the afternoon               6:30 p.m.           twenty past seven in the morning

 half past six in the evening                                ten past seven in the morning


twenty past twelve in the afternoon       7:10 a.m.         9 p.m.


Hello! My name is Bernard. This morning I woke up at six o’clock in the morning (6 a.m.). I had a shower, put on my school uniform and then had breakfast.
At a quarter to seven in the morning (6:45 a.m.) I went down stairs and waited for my school bus. It soon came and picked me up. We arrived at school at ten past seven in the morning (7:10 a.m.) and classes began at twenty past seven in the morning (7:20 a.m.).
At ten o’clock in the morning (10 a.m.) we had a twenty minute break. School finished at twenty past twelve in the afternoon (12:20 p.m.), and I caught my school bus home a short time later.
After lunch I slept a little, and then studied for an hour.
At half past two in the afternoon (2:30 p.m.) my private English teacher visited my home to give me an hour long English class. I love English and I like my private English teacher a lot!
After my English teacher left I had something to eat, studied some more and then went with my mother to pick up my little sister from school, (she studies in the afternoon). Soon after we returned at half past six in the evening (6:30 p.m.) my father came home from work. The family had tea together and then we watched T.V. 

At nine o’clock at night (9 p.m.) I went to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment