Tuesday, January 14, 2014

PHRASAL VERB REVISION (Advanced) (EXERCISE A15E63)













1. Complete the sentences with words from the list. (Words can be used more than once).
__________________________________________________
   
      up    down    on    away    out    off    forward    into   over 
__________________________________________________

(A)   I don’t feel well. I think I will lie _________ and have a rest.
(B)    Where are the changing room? I would like to try this skirt _________.
(C)    Could you find ________ what time the film starts tonight?
(D)   She has finally decided to give _________ smoking.
(E)    He took his wallet ________ of  his pocket and gave her $5.00.
(F)     Go _________ . It is a fascinating story. I want to hear the end.
(G)    Write __________ your name on a piece of paper.
(H)   My sister has broken ________ with her boyfriend again.
(I)      We set _________ early in the morning and arrived in Rio in the evening.
(J)      Don’t drop your sweet papers on the floor. Throw them ________!
(K)   When I was driving to Joaçaba, I broke _______ on BR 116.
(L)    When you leave a hotel you have to check ________.
(M)  Their cat was run _________ by a car yesterday but it is OK.
(N)   I am really looking _________ to going to Canada next month.
(O)   Can you turn the TV _________ a little? I can not hear it.
(P)    I fell ________ and broke my arm.
(Q)   I will pick you ________ at your house at 8 p.m..
(R)    The robber got _________ the car and drove away at top speed.
(S)    Hurry _________ or we will be late!


2.     Put one of the words in the box into the sentences below.


back        by         into        off         over        up          out


(A)   The exhaust fumes from the cars were so strong that Sherry passed __________________.
(B)   When they offered me that job in São Paulo, I immediately accepted. There was no way I
        was going to pass______________________ the opportunity to move to Brazil.
(C)   After I took a quick look at the ancient vase, I passed it_______________ to the art dealer.
(D)   He tried to pass the painting _____________________ as an original Picasso, but I    
         recognized at once that it was a fake.
(E)    The Buddhist monk told me that the old woman had not really died. He said she had   
         simply passed _________________________ her next life.
(F)    A police helicopter passed __________________________ our house this morning
     (G)   Every day, when the yellow bus passes ______________________ my house on its way to
        the school, I think of my childhood in New Zealand and simpler times.

                              

Answers:

PHRASAL VERB REVISION

1. Complete the sentences with words from the list. (Words can be used more than once).
__________________________________________________
   
      up    down    on    away    out    off    forward    into   over 
__________________________________________________

(A)    I do not feel well. I think I will lie down and have a rest.
(B)   Where are the changing room? I would like to try this skirt on.
(C)   Could you find out what time the film starts tonight?
(D)   She has finally decided to give up smoking.
(E)    He took his wallet out of his pocket and gave her $5.00.
(F)    Go on. It is a fascinating story. I want to hear the end.
(G)   Write down your name on a piece of paper.
(H)   My sister has broken off with her boyfriend again.
(I)      We set out early in the morning and arrived in Rio in the evening.
(J)     Do not drop your sweet papers on the floor. Throw them away!
(K)   When I was driving to Joaçaba, I broke down on BR 116.
(L)    When you leave a hotel, you have to check out.
(M)  Their cat was run over by a car yesterday but it is OK.
(N)   I am really looking forward to going to Canada next month.
(O)   Can you turn the TV up a little? I cannot hear it.
(P)    I fell over and broke my arm.
(Q)   I will pick you up at your house at 8 p.m.
(R)   The robber got into the car and drove away at top speed.
(S)   Hurry up or we will be late!


2.     Put one of the words in the box into the sentences below.


back        by         into        off         over        up          out


(A)   The exhaust fumes from the cars were so strong that Sherry passed out.
(B)   When they offered me that job in São Paulo, I immediately accepted. There was no way I
        was going to pass up the opportunity to move to Brazil.
(C)   After I took a quick look at the ancient vase, I passed it back to the art dealer.
(D)   He tried to pass the painting of as an original Picasso, but I recognized at once that it was a
        fake.
(E)   The Buddhist monk told me that the old woman had not really died. He said she had   
        simply passed into her next life.
(F)    A police helicopter passed over our house this morning
     (G)   Every day, when the yellow bus passes by my house on its way to the school, I think of my

             childhood in New Zealand and simpler times.

No comments:

Post a Comment